SPROUT: The North Carolina Arboretum Blog
For more than 30 years…Cultivating Connections between People, Plants and Places…amid a 434-acre public garden
The North Carolina Arboretum is located within the Bent Creek Experimental Forest just south of Asheville and adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway at Milepost 393. Surrounded and crisscrossed by forested coves and meandering creeks in the botanically diverse Southern Appalachian Mountains, The North Carolina Arboretum is set in one of the most beautiful natural settings in America.
- April – October Property Hours: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- November – March Property Hours: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Closed Christmas Day
- Incoming gate closes one hour prior to closing time.
- Baker Exhibit Center and Bonsai Exhibition Garden Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Connections Gallery Gift Shop Hours: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Bent Creek Bistro Hours:
- Daytime Service: Closed
- Reopening March 18, 2022
- Rocky Cove Railroad Hours: Trains run Saturdays and Sundays, 12 noon – 4 p.m. April through October
- Members: Free
- Personal/Standard Vehicle (up to 20′ long): $16
- Large vehicles (21′-29′ long): $50
- Busses and Oversize Vehicles (30′ long+): $100
BROWSE POSTS BY:
- About this Blog
- Horticulture & Landscape
- The Arboretum
Photo credit: Jean Cassidy